Web Coverage Service (WCS) 2.0
WCS 2.0 has seen final adoption in August 2010. By TC vote, the WCS 2.0 Core [09-110r3] and related specifications - in particular: the GML Application Schema for Coverages [09-146r1] - have been approved as official OGC standards.
The WCS.SWG will concentrate on
- establishing further extensions (see below)
- a WCS Earth Observation Application Profile
- rigorous conformance test suites
The following extensions are under consideration currently, in descending priority as seen by the chairs (to be adjusted at the next TC meeting):
- format encodings: GML, GeoTIFF, NetCDF, JPEG200, ...
- index subsetting
- scaling & interpolation
- EPSG-Based CRSs
- adaptation of WCS-T and WCPS to WCS 2.0
- Generalized CRSs