AIP Telecon 2012-05-22 Notes

  • E-mail lists - are now established for AIP-5 
    • Its now time for everyone to sign up for e-mail lists using the links on this page: AIP E-mail lists
    • AIP Plenary e-mail list is for general announcements
      • For example announce WG telecons to plenary
      • Use WG lists for extended technical discussion
    • AIP-5 Working Group E-mail lists
      • Reused from prior phases: Disaster, Energy, Health, Water, Data Sharing, System Design
      • For reused lists, George will send message to list defining change and providing link to de-register
      • New: Agriculture, UID, GCI Research, Tutorials
      • Lucia to consider if list for Capacity Building is desired
        • ACTION: George to arrange for Capacity Building list to be set up.
    • Policies for AIP e-mail lists
      • e-mail lists are open to all involved in GEOSS.
      • Registration requests are approved by the moderator
      • Registration page is public for each list
      • List of registered persons on a list is only visible to the registered persons for that list
      • Should list archives be open to non-registered access, e.g., public access?
        • George summarized the current state:  all lists are closed except for the plenary.
        • Steve suggested that all of the lists should be closed so that e-mail address and phone numbers do not get out in public.
        • Lucia and Lionel discussed how  that the lists should be open so that people can see what we are doing.
        • Conclusion was to continue the current policy:  all list archives are closed except for the plenary.
  • AIP-5 Twiki provided by GeoViQua
    • AIP5 twiki is public for reading
    • Requires registration for writing/editing
    • How to register? See presentation on AIP-5 Twiki from Kickoff
    • Each Working Group can establish a space
      • Slight edits were made during this telecon to the main twiki page - demonstrating the real-time update capability of using twiki.  Thanks Joan.
  • AIP-5 Schedule
    • SBA Scenarios: June 15 (Draft), Sep 1 (Update)
    • Use Cases: July 15 (Draft), Oct 1 (Update)
    • GCI/Broker: June 15 (Test Design), Sept 1 (Run Tests)  
    • Client server testing: Sept.
    • SBA Testing: October 1
    • GEO Plenary: November, Brazil.
  • Reports on Technical Topics
    • Data Sharing WG: Steve Browdy
    • Unique IDs (UID) WG: Joan Maso
      • WG content being developed by Joan.
    • GCI Research WG: Stefano Nativi
      • Mattia Santoro provided an update
      • They are contacting component providers
      • Plan will be updated at next telecon.
      • Will edit the Twiki
      • Will post Discovery Broker interface document to twiki and send URL to plenary.
    • System Design WG: Larry McGovern, Herve Caumont
      • Including Transverse Use Cases and Engineering Components
      • Lionel discussed his interactions with Larry and Herve (neither of whom were attending).
      • Lionel has developed a draft Energy SBA scenario
      • George will update the Use Case section for the SBA scenario template.
      • George commented that Larry and Herve met last week via telecon with Stu Frye, Karen Moe and John Evans regarding system design modeling for Disaster Management scenario led by Stu and the relationship to the CEOS WGISS Reference Model work that Karen and John are leading.
    • Capacity Building: Lucia Lovison
      • Lucia will organize the Twiki section for the next Tech Telecon.
    • Tutorials: Steve Browdy, SIF

      • Tutorials was discussed in the SIF telecon last week.
      • Steve will establish a Tutorials telecon seperate from SIF and AIP plenary.
  • AOB
    • Lionel reported of a telecon with the ESA GWP team that provided positive indication that the issues Lionel identified are being addressed.
    • IIB Action to IN-05 on Community Portals and Application Clients
      • Promote Community Portals and Application Clients that can access the GCI
      • Access GCI via Discovery Broker (document from Stefano Nativi, CNR defines the interface)
      • Launch as helper application (Use case developed in GCI Research WG)
        • Mattia described their initial activities on this use case with several apps including PYXIS.
        • Steve discussed how mime types need to be registered; This was discussed in Sprint to Plenary.
        • Eugene stated that the mime types can be registered in the CSW.
        • George showed Stefano's figure from the Kickoff closing plenary that shows an overview of the use case and the role of registry of types.
        • Mattia described the design approach of the DAB for this use case based in part on STP.
        • Mattia agreed that a Sequence Diagram for the helper app use case can be developed.
        • George commented that this use case has much history beginning with recommendations from AIP-3 and the initial use case in AIP-4.
      • Desire handling of GEOSS Data-CORE
      • To be listed on main GEO Web site: earthobservations.org
      • Initial list in 2 weeks to IIB from IN-05