AIP Telecon 2012-02-14 Notes


  • AIP-5 Schedule
    • CFP development  - now
    • CFP announced by Secretariat - February
    • CFP responses due - April 11
    • Kickoff Workshop - May 3-4, at WMO in Geneva (Work Plan Symposium and IIB are also that week)
    • Interoeprability Testing begins - September
    • Plenary - November
  • Near term plan for CFP release

    • Documents:  1. Summary, 2. Development Process, 3. Architecture and Template
    • Initial Draft posted - February 3
    • Final Draft posted for Review – February 17 – George
    • AIP Plenary Telecon release of CFP - February 21. 
    • GEO Secretariat announces CFP – February 28th
  • CFP Documents
    • AIP-5 CFP Summary
      • Initial Draft posted February 3rd
      • Comments from:
        • Max Craglia, JRC
        • Ingo Simonis, EO2HEAVEN
      • Discussion in Telecon re Ontology
        • Doug building on Max's comments - need for ontology/vocabulary work to be developed jointly witin IN-5 by AIP and Ontology activities.
        • Cristiano is in contact with Masahiko in discussions about coordination on ontology vocabulary
        • Need for multi-iingual expressed by Max and Doug.
        • George to start an e-mail discussion.
      • Discussion about results ranking
        • Cristiano indicated that this is an important item to address.
        • This will be added to CFP architecture Catalog services. and in the CFP Summary document
    • AIP Development Process - for AIP-5 CFP 
      • Initial Draft posted February 3rd
      • Comments received from:
        • Ingo Simonis, EO2HEAVEN
      • No comments raised during the telecon.
    • GEOSS AIP Architecture - for AIP-5 CFP 
      • Initial Draft posted February 3rd
      • Comments received from:
        • Ingo Simonis, EO2HEAVEN
        • Yuqi Bai, China
        • Stefano Nativi, CNR
        • Mark Reichardt, OGC
      • Discussion during the telecon about priorities.
        • Cristiano raised the following points:
          • From Cristiano: Referencing IIB priorities:
            • 3.3 Ensuring that more mature systems interoperate with the GCI 14
            • 3.4 Ensuring access to GEO Data-CORE. 15
            • 3.5 Extend GCI capabilitiesto allow user registration. 15
            • 3.6 Implementing licenses when needed.
          • Items 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 are explicity addressed in the CFP Initial Draft
          • In response to item 3.3, this text will be added to CFP Summary Research objectives
            • "increase the number of mature systems that interoperate with GCI "

        • WIS posted a comment in response to AIP-5 posting
          • SIF is intereacting with WIS about searching.
          • WIS has user authentication which could be tested in AIP-5
      • SBA Sections
        • Disaster Management - Hervé Caumont- TBD
          • Add discussion of Authentication for DM and cross-reference to Section 4.7
          • Herve to send updated version today.
        • Water Resource Section - Matt Austin- update received
        • Health: AQ and disease - Ingo Simonis- update received
        • Energy Section - Lionel Menard- will check if any updates are needed.
        • Agriculture - Liping Di/Eugene - no updates needed.
      • Information viewpoint
        • QA, Uncert, Provenance- Joan Maso GeoViQua
        • Data Policy, Rights Management,and Licenses -Steve Browdy
        • Environmental Modeling - Matt Austin
        • Semantics - Masahiko NAGAI
      • Computational view
        • Services- no comments, ready.
      • Engineering viewpoint
        • Components and use cases - no comments, ready.
      • Technology viewpoint
        • Capacity building - Lucia - will send an update later today.
        • Tutorials - Steve Browdy no update required. - Ready
          •  
  • AIP-5 Kickoff Workshop
    • May 3-4, at WMO in Geneva
    • (Work Plan Symposium and IIB are also that week)
    • Agenda 
    • Discussion in Telecon:
      • George to send a message to GEO Sec staff for IIB about needed logistics for Kickoff.
  • AOB