WCS implementations and services
We classify offerings into "client" (software), "server" (software), and "service".Note that the list below is not authoritative (the page maintainers do not regularly check the links) and does not constitute any endorsement nor a statement of OGC nor anybody else about conformance. Information is provided as is, without any warranty.
- rasdaman (server; GMLCOV 1.0.1, WCS 2.0.1, WCS Range Subsetting Extension, WCS GeoTIFF Extension, WCS Processing Extension; WCS GET/KVP Extension, WCS XML/POST Extension, WSC SOAP Extension; WCS 1.1.2, WCS-T 1.1.4, WCPS 1.0; WPS 1.0; open-source; reference implementation for WCPS, candidate reference implementation for WCS 2.0) See demo site. Open-source project maintained by the Large-Scale Information Services Research Group at Jacobs University, commercial add-ons and performance boosters provided by rasdaman GmbH.
- MapServer (WCS)
- EOxServer (EO-WMS, EO-WCS)
- OPeNDAP (WCS)
- George Mason University
- NASA GSFC (WCS)
- ESRI (under work, as communicated by mail)
- services (demo or operational):
WCS 1.1.2 and earlier
- rasdaman (server; WCS 1.1.2 and 2.0, WCS-T 1.4, WCPS 1.0, WPS 1.0; open-source). Commercial add-ons provided by rasdaman which adds WMS (client + server) and more tools. Reference implementation for WCPS. See demo site. Project maintained by the Large-Scale Information Services Research Group at Jacobs University.
- gvSIG (open-source)
- Cadcorp SIS Map Browser (commercial)
- WCS Client Lite (WCS1.0 and WCS1.1.0; open-source)
- GeoMedia (commercial)
- GDAL (open-source)
- OWSLib (open-source, WCS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 (less well supported)). Not a GUI but a python module. Check out trunk as described. Examples shown in the tests, e.g:
- client + server:
- ICEDS by UCL(WCS 1.0; GetCapabilities). SRTM v1 DEM data and Landsat 5 (~1990) unstretched but mosaiced imagery (provided to UCL by the Cartographic Applications Group at JPL) for Europe, Africa and North America in bands 1,2,3 + band 4 for Europe.
- GMU (WCS 1.0)
- INSPIRE-ES (WCS 1.0)
- PREVIEW (WCS 1.0)
- CCIP (WCS 1.0)
- EarthLook - 1-D to 4-D WCS and WCPS demos; maintained by the Large-Scale Information Services Research Group at Jacobs University.