OGC Network™ is a window onto the dynamic, constantly changing geospatial web as described by the OGC® Reference Model (ORM). Multiple communities of interest for research in geospatial interoperability are supported, and persistent demonstration capability is provided. Here you will find the latest information on OGC-compatible software, services, and information models (e.g. GML profiles, SLD examples, etc.). From this site you can quickly locate OGC-compatible geospatial web services, the latest XML schema documents, discussion forums, conformance testing resources, and GML profile working areas. Instructions on signing up for authoring privileges are on the help page.
The site is organized into the following topic areas:
- networks - the networks of OGC Network: Internet-accessible, configuration-controlled components that implement OGC standards--designed to work in concert to deliver value-added information services to clients.
- domains - Interest Group Domains: A place for like-minded professionals to collaborate on articulating information sharing pain points, issues and use cases
- services - Geospatial Services: Information and tools relating to existing and experimental OGC services such as WFS, WPS, WMS, WFS Simple, etc.
- encodings - Encodings: Information and tools relating to XML and other document models such as GML, Coordinate Reference Systems, SensorML, and so forth.
- learn - news, reference materials and discussion resources: Includes the latest OGC Document Motions, compliance testing, and applications of OGC standards.
- servicelist - Services and Client Implementations: An evolving endeavor to catalog the myriad geospatial Web services and clients available on the Internet that implement OGC standards.